Paddy Power top ranking in social media charts during the World Cup
Paddy Power was crowned the world champion for the fourth time in the World Cup-related social media platforms this past month with its brand BrazilNuts, the iGaming Business’ Social Monitor reveals.
If this comes as no surprise for those familiar with the Irish bookmaker’s social media activity, it’s BrazilNuts campaign showed showed that it was ahead of its competitors when it came to social media presence in the English-speaking sportsbook space.
Joakim Nilsson, editor of Social Monitor, commented: “The World Cup generated a record breaking volume of social buzz for most sportsbook brands in the industry. This was especially true for Paddy Power, which alone accounted for just over 500,000 mentions during the event, or six times more mentions than Betfair, which had the the second largest share of voice in relation to World Cup betting.”
Social Monitor enables igaming companies to monitor their social media strategy. More points on the BrazilNuts campaign:
1) World Cup and Football were obviously the two main topics talked about this summer. Thanks to its ‘BrazilNuts’ campaign, Paddy Power did an outstanding job owning the World Cup discussion
2) Word cloud of most common World Cup-related Paddy Power mentions
3) Piggy backing on the referees’ ‘magic spray’ being used to stop players encroaching at free-kicks, Paddy Power created its own version called “Blatter Splatter”
4) People tweeting Paddy Power and World Cup-related tweets were predominantly male students with an interest in sports and music.
5) Comparing the two top professions of people tweeting Paddy Power World Cup tweets: artists and students; we found a big difference in what they tweeted about. Students tended to tweet about betting promotions such as #CorrectScoreDouble, whereas artists tended to favour podcasts.
6) The most tweeted link was: http://static.williamhill.com/world-cup/england-betting/ from affiliate “All the odds UK”, with 1,794 tweets and 500,000 impressions. However it was William Hill’s link to its mobile site during the Holland-Brazil third place play-off match that generated the largest reach with 20 million impressions.
7) Top hashtag related to the World Cup was Paddy Power’s #BrazilNuts with 148,000 tweets, compared to just 17,000 for its #WorldCup hashtag
Related vacancies:IT Technologydiscover Marketing & PR, Communicationdiscover Internshipdiscover Sales, Business Dev & AMdiscover Web Developer | SiGMA GroupdiscoverSenior Graphic Designer | SiGMA GroupdiscoverInternship | SiGMA GroupdiscoverSales and Account Manager | SiGMA GroupdiscoverDigital Marketing Executive | SiGMA Groupdiscover
Book pass today!
Affiliates register free.
Low fee for all other delegates.
Find out now.
LATAM Digital Summit
The inaugural SiGMA LatAm is set for Sep 22-24 with a virtual summit focusing on three themes: SiGMA LatAm Focus, AIBC LATAM, and SiGMA Deep Tech.Learn More