Philippines' Duterte to ease lockdown measures from June 1

The president approved easing measures resuming much-needed economic activity

Philippines President Rodrigo R. Duterte announced that Metro Manila, along with other areas in the country, will shift to General Community Quarantine (GCQ) starting 1 June. 

According to the guidelines released earlier this month by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for COVID-19, GCQ will allow full operation of select industries previously permitted to operate with only fifty percent capacity 

Kevin Benning believes that the well-being of employees is at paramount importance for their own health and safety and for their guests.

Hotels and resorts outside of Luzon island may only accommodate foreign guests with existing bookings as of 1 May, guests with existing long-term bookings, distressed locals and stranded foreign nationals, and repatriated Filipino workers in compliance with approved quarantine protocols.  

Public transportation remains limited, gatherings are at maximum ten individuals and people under 21 years old or above 60 years old are still not allowed to go out.  

However, gaming venues, including all Integrated Resorts and PAGCOR operated casinos in the country under category IV, are still not allowed to operate as well as other amusement establishments.  

The rest of the country will be placed under modified GCQ starting 1 June.  

The president said that other areas in the country will be reviewed depending on their capability to provide critical health care to COVID-19 suspected and confirmed patients.  

A copy of guidelines approved by IATF for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases has not been released yet by the office of the President for the approaching quarantine period.  

The President also reiterated that the authorities will strictly implement wearing of face masks to protect the public.  

Meanwhile, City of Dreams Manila, one of the integrated resorts situated in the country’s Entertainment City, has released guidelines in preparation for a soft reopening once the government allows casinos to operate again.  

“The well-being of our colleagues is our paramount concern in these fragile times as we welcome them back to work. Doing the tests will help ensure not only their safety and good health, but also that of our guests,” said City of Dreams Manila COO Kevin Benning. 

Earlier this month, Solaire Resort and Casino also announced mass testing for all employees in preparation for reopening in the coming weeks.  

“At this time, all our team members are undergoing a screening process that involves an interview and COVID-19 testing. We are doing this to ensure that all the employees we allow to return to work are healthy and in the best shape to provide our outstanding signature service,” said Solaire Resort and Casino CEO Enrique K. Razon Jr., through the company’s official website.  

SiGMA LatAm Focus:

This event brings the Americas closer to delegates from Europe and Asia, with an interesting agenda featuring a line-up of speakers that showcases the company’s commitment to covering the various gaming verticals. Explore the full agenda here and register now, this one’s on us!

Related Posts